[Englecturers] reappointments

skay at ucr.edu skay at ucr.edu
Thu Mar 20 14:39:25 PDT 2008

Dear all pre-sixth year lecturers:

As you know, the Composition program is no longer part of the
English department; therefore, everyone who does not yet have
a continuing appointment, must apply to the University
Writing Program for an appointment for next year, 2008-2009.
I believe assignments for this Spring quarter have already
been met and appointments have been given out, so not to
worry about this quarter.

However, you should just let John Briggs, acting Director of
the UWP, know that you want an appointment for 2008-2009.  I
don't think anyone should wait to hear from the new writing
committee.  I don't know when it will be formed, and we don't
want anyone to fall between the cracks while things get
organized (or disorganized as the case may be).

Stephanie Kay
UC-AFT Grievance Steward