[Englecturers] FW: [Staff] To the Campus Community from Acting Chancellor Grey

Susan Brown susan.brown at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 19 08:26:07 PST 2008

February 15, 2008

To the Campus Community:

UCR joins with campuses around the nation in extending our heartfelt
condolences to the students, faculty, and staff of Northern Illinois
University.  We especially want to offer our sympathy and support to the
families and friends of those who were victims of the tragic shooting that
took place yesterday.  At a time such as this, we feel more than ever the
kinship with our fellow institutions.

The safety of our UCR community is always foremost in my mind.  Therefore, I
would like to remind you that we have recently instituted an emergency
notification system to put into immediate action for events such as this.
Please take advantage of this system by signing up today.  It will take only
a few minutes of your time, but could make an important difference if we are
ever faced with a similar situation.

I encourage you to sign up for the emergency notification system by using
the following link:  http://cnc.ucr.edu/ens/

Please join me in offering your thoughts and prayers to those at Northern
Illinois University.

Sincerely,

Robert D. Grey
Acting Chancellor