[Englecturers] CHASS Theme for 2008-09: Religion

John Briggs jcbriggs at ucr.edu
Thu Feb 14 13:28:54 PST 2008

Lecturers and TAs,

      The CHASS theme for next year, following this year's theme of
democracy, is religion.  Would anyone be interested in meeting to
discuss recommending options for the book(s) the college plans to
send to incoming freshmen over the summer?  It would be interesting
if we could come up with a few recommendations that would also serve
as good instructional options in at least some writing classes.

      Although the choice of the book to be distributed over the
summer rests finally with the College Office, I think it is a good
idea for us to consider options that might work in one or more parts
of the writing program.  I'd be grateful for e-mail suggestions and
the opportunity to share ideas at a meeting.
If you are interested in the latter, let me know what time(s) you are
free on Thursdays and Fridays.

John Briggs