[Englecturers] FW: SCMLA 2008 Convention in San Antonio Deadlines

Joshua Fenton fenton_jp at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 11 12:11:50 PST 2008

Dear SCMLA Member: I send you this email to assure you that you are a member in good standing for 2008.  Thank you for keeping your membership up-to-date!  Please note the upcoming deadlines, opportunities, and attachments:
San Antonio ConventionDate: November 6-8, 2008Hotel: Sheraton GunterTheme:  “Borders” Important Deadlines:*February 18, 2008: Final Proposals for Special Sessions to SCMLA office.*March 14, 2008: Papers/Abstracts to Regular and Allied Session chairs.
In case you have not yet submitted a proposal, paper, or abstract for San Antonio, please find the attached and updated Winter Newsletter that lists the Calls for Papers for Regular, Allied, and Special Sessions.
Special Call for Proposals for the South Central ReviewDeadline: June 1, 2007
In following up on an earlier issue on Feminist Detective Fiction, the South Central Review is now planning to publish an issue entitled "Hard Boiled," which will deal with the traditions of hard boiled detective fiction and film noir in the United States and internationally. We anticipate publishing critical essays as well as interviews with detective fiction writers. The issue is tentatively scheduled to appear in late 2009 or early 2010. Because the topic is, we assume, of wide general interest to the membership of SCMLA, we are announcing a call for proposals for essays for this issue.   Please send proposals by June 1, 2007 to:
Editor Richard J. Golsan (rjgolsan at aol.com) orManaging Editor Melissa Henry (wellpix at gmail.com)
Thank you very much for your continued support of the SCMLA! Sincerely,  Grady C. WraySCMLA Executive DirectorUniversity of Oklahoma104 Fourth Street, Baker House, B46Norman, OK  73019-6410Phone: (405) 325-6011Fax: (405) 325-3720Email: scmla at ou.eduwww.ou.edu/scmla <http://www.ou.edu/scmla>