[Englecturers] UWP Office Information and other Announcements

John Briggs jcbriggs at ucr.edu
Mon Apr 21 17:44:26 PDT 2008

TO:             ELWR and English 1ABC Lecturers and TAs

FROM:   John Briggs

RE:             UWP Office Information

      I am pleased to announce that the UWP office is up and running
in our temporary offices (1103 E and F) while we await the remodeling
of the core UWP offices in HMNSS 1001.  Our new Senior Personnel
Analyst is Cheryl Brusuelas, who has extensive UCR experience in
academic personnel.  Cheryl's telephone number is 827-7730.  Her
e-mail address is cheryl.brusuelas at ucr.edu.  Our new MSO is Cynde
Sanchez, whom many of you met when she assisted the English MSO Susan
Brown.  Cynde's new number is 827-7729, and her e-mail address is
cynde.sanchez at ucr.edu. We are very pleased to have such experienced
and energetic people in these important posts.

      The Writing Center is now operating in 1103.  Three of the
tutorial rooms are being used by UWP TAs meeting students from
various departments.  Students sign up directly for appointments or
drop in.  The drop-in hours are posted on the outer door and windows.

      The UWP program is on the verge of announcing teaching
opportunities for 2008-2009.   We will post the notice on these lists
as well as in other spaces.

      The organizers of the Berkeley reading told me a few days ago
that they would like to recruit a few more readers.  This year the
Big Read runs from Friday, May 29 through Sunday, June 1 -- the
weekend after the Memorial Weekend.   The University pays for travel,
food, and lodging.  There is a modest stipend.  If you have ELWR
experience and you would like to be nominated, please contact me as
soon as possible.  If you have at least a year of teaching experience
at UCR without ELWR, you might be eligible as well.

      Keith Vance, Gray Scott, and John Stamp are working with Cynde,
Cheryl, and me to design the new UWP website.  If you have
suggestions regarding graphics or content, please contact me.  Once
it is up, the site will evolve as we get feedback about its
accessibility and its representation of what the UWP does.

John Briggs