[Englecturers] Lecturer Meeting on 6/11/07

Lash Keith Vance lashv at ucr.edu
Thu May 24 11:34:28 PDT 2007

  Greetings Fellow Lecturers:

  First of all, thank you for your support and
  enthusiasm in our last meeting on 5/4.  This was a
  productive session where we could clearly see the
  solidarity among our ranks.

  Second, as we discussed in this meeting, the
  lecturers want to produce as a group a mission
  statement of pedagogy.  We can then use this
  statement to more fully participate in the hiring
  process of the new writing director should it occur
  next year.  If you have not done so, please send me
  (in bullet point format) the top five things you
  think are important in terms of our pedagogy and
  roles in the composition program at UCR.

  Third, you all know that the search for a Writing
  Director has failed this year, but it very well may
  be conducted next year, so we have to be prepared.

  Therefore, Wallace Cleaves and I (your lecturer
  representatives) have called a meeting on June 11th
  at 11:30 AM. right after final exams   (We had
  planned an earlier meeting, but this new date seemed
  the best).  In this meeting we will discuss three
  things:

  1) the pedagogy mission statement

  2) the status of the current contract talks

  3) our possible job actions in Fall, 2007

  When: June 11th at 11:30 AM

  Where: English Department Conference Room

  In Solidarity,

  Keith Vance

Lash Keith Vance, Ph.D., MEd
Director of Computer Assisted Instruction
Department of English
University of California, Riverside

Office: 1103C HMNSS
Phone: 951-827-4832