[Englecturers] Tragic News

Susan Brown susan.brown at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 6 14:35:32 PST 2007

Dear Lecturers and Graduate Students,

It is with both shock and great sadness that I tell you that Professor
Gregory Bredbeck passed away last night. Professor Bredbeck had gone on
medical leave early in the quarter. We were very concerned about his health,
but no one imagined it could take such a turn so quickly. I called this
morning and was told he had passed.

I knew Greg for over 20 years. We were in graduate school together and began
our careers here at the same time.  His success came early and dramatically.
He was a brilliant man with a sharp wit.

I know that this loss is difficult for all of us to comprehend.

 Katherine

Katherine Kinney

Chair and Associate Professor of English