[Englecturers] Amy and Dow Robbins

Steven Axelrod steven.axelrod at ucr.edu
Tue Apr 3 12:47:37 PDT 2007

Hello everybody,

I'm happy to tell you that two of our lecturers, Amy and Dow Robbins, have
both accepted positions at Hunter College in the City University of New York
system.

Amy will be in a tenure-track Assistant Professorship specializing in
American poetry. She wrote her dissertation on contemporary postmodern
poetry by women under the co-direction of Traise Yamamoto and myself. She
has also published articles on Amy Gerstler and Alice Notley.

Dow will have a one-year Assistant Professorship in British Romantic poetry
and Composition. He wrote his dissertation on ideal communities in
Romanticism under the direction of Bob Essick.

Farewell and hail, Amy and Dow!

Best wishes to all,

Steve Axelrod

Steven Gould Axelrod