[Englecturers] Extra Office Hours for D-Course Students Who Still Have Questions and Quick Update

Lash Vance lashervan at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 5 11:26:42 PDT 2006

Greetings All,

Many students have already begun completing the online exercises, quizzes, and tests--having downloaded the syllabus and information that was emailed to them as well as posted to their Blackboard site.

I am happy to say that by this time last year I had already received approximately 150 emails from "confused" students.  This year, I have only received 39, most of whom simply didn't know what Blackboard is at all.  Again, with 1,700 students enrolled in the D-Courses, it is inevitable to have a few who are still confused, and this number invariably tapers off as they learn how to use Blackboard.  For this reason, they have until Friday, October the 13th to complete their first set of assignments.
At any rate, students who still have questions can either email me at lashervan at hotmail.com or lashv at ucr.edu or they can come to my office, Humanities and Social Sciences 1103C (HMNSS), to see me.  My office hours are Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8-12.  Again, for the few who still have questions after reading the announcements and syllabus, they should contact me directly for clarification.

Best,

Lash Keith Vance, Ph.D., MEd
University of California, Riverside
Department of English

Director of Computer Assisted Instruction
Office: Humanities and Social Sciences 1103C

Email: lashervan at hotmail.com