[Englecturers] PAMLA conference

Steven Axelrod steven.axelrod at ucr.edu
Sun Nov 5 13:34:51 PST 2006

Hi all,

The annual PAMLA conference will be held, under UCR sponsorship, at the
Riverside Convention Center this Friday and Saturday. Since many UCR types
will be reading papers or chairing sessions, I hope you will be able to
attend. All of the sessions look interesting to me. On-site registration
will cost $45. But if you'd like to volunteer some hours working at the
Registration Desk, either on Friday morning or afternoon or on Saturday
morning, the registration fee for the entire conference will be waived.
There will be free coffee and carbs available too. And you'll have some nice
UCR friends and colleagues to work with.

If you're interested in working the registration desk, please email me
and/or Laura Lozon, the Assistant Director of the Center for Ideas and
Society, at llara at mail.ucr.edu. Laura will give you instructions. If you're
interested in just attending the conference, it will be this Friday between
8-5 and this Saturday between 8:15-6:15. The program should be accessible at
pamla.org.

I myself will be speaking at the lunch on Friday, and former faculty member
Parama Roy will be speaking at the lunch on Saturday. Please contact Laura
immediately if you'd like to buy a ticket for either lunch.

All best wishes,

Steve Axelrod

Steven Gould Axelrod
Professor of English