[Englecturers] ATTN: ELWR Instructors

Laurie Petty laurie.petty at ucr.edu
Wed Nov 1 07:49:38 PST 2006

All ELWR Instructors:

We have had a rash of problems this quarter stemming form the fact that
some students have been attending sections in which they were not
officially
enrolled. In the most recent case, a student was reported as being
disruptive in a 1C class, who turns out to have been dismissed from the
University and not enrolled at all this quarter. The instructor clearly
did
not realize the student was not actually enrolled in the class. In
another case,
three students attended the wrong section, going into the room next
door,
and the instructor whose class they attended took their word that the
registration had been worked out.

The instructions are clear: We must rely solely on the official, updated
roster
that Teri Carter or Laurie Petty placed in your mailbox in the 3rd week.
To prevent any
problems, you should take attendance every day and send any
students who are not on your official roster to Laurie Petty.  If you
have
any questions, contact me or Laurie. Laurie would be happy to give you
another
copy of your official roster(s).

John Briggs
ELWR Director