[Englecturers] UCR Lecturer Salary Statistics

Devon W. Hackelton dhackelton at csupomona.edu
Sat Mar 4 08:36:46 PST 2006

Good morning everybody.

I took a momentary break from grading, thumbed through the latest copy of the NEA Higher Education Advocate (the annual salary review issue), and noticed that Instructors/Lecturers at UCR, on average, are the lowest paid Instructors/Lecturers of all the UC schools reporting income statistics (Merced did not report). In addition, Instructors/Lecturers at UCR earn less, on average, than Instructors/Lecturers at all of the CSU schools as well (San Francisco did not offer any income statistics).

So how much did we make in 2004-05, on average?

$43,700. This number is based on full-time employment.

The next closest schools were CSUs: Fresno ($45,900), Monterey Bay ($47,000), Stanislaus ($47,300), and  Bakersfield ($47,700). The closest UC school was Santa Barbara ($49,400).

All other CSUs and UCs reported Instructor/Lecturer salaries in excess of $50,000/year based on full-time employment. Remember, the schools reported these numbers voluntarily, so they probably are best case statistics.

I have attached a graph representing the various UC Lecturer salaries.

Anyway, back to grading...

Devon