[Englecturers] Spring Work Opportunity

Mary Cummins marycaroline7 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 21 12:49:45 PST 2006

Ok, here it is cut and pasted.  This is from Christina Mar regarding the
English Department's high school outreach work opportunities.  Anyone
interested should email Christina for more info.

Hello:

I'm hoping to get one or two more graduate students involved as consultants
in the UCR English Department High School Outreach Program this spring. We
currently have a full roster of consultants, primarily lecturers, but I'd
like to bring some new consultants into the mix.  Outreach assigns
consultants local high school classes to visit in order to give a
presentation on the ELWR (a.k.a. Subject A). We work around the consultant's
schedule, and consultants can do as many or as few visits as they like. It
pays $135.00 per one-hour visit plus grading. It's a wonderful program and a
good way to augment a CV, especially for those who plan to teach at a
community college or hope to enter the lecturer pool at UCR.

Graduate students that have fellowships with workload limitations ARE
allowed to accept additional work with Outreach. Consultants must have
experience teaching one of the following: English 3, 4, or 5.

Anyone who is interested should contact me ASAP, and I'll field any further
questions. My contact info is below.

All the best,

Christina Mar

Assistant Director, UCR High School Outreach

mar.christina at gmail.com