[Englecturers] Comp Director Position at UCI

Rise Axelrod rise.axelrod at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 31 23:57:46 PST 2005

Friends,
FYI.
Rise

Date: Friday, October 28, 2005 3:58 PM -0700
From: Ellen Strenski <strenski at benfranklin.hnet.uci.edu>
To: uccomp at mail.lsit.ucsb.edu
Subject: [uccomp] UCI Search for Composition Director

Please distribute our ad, pasted in below, to anyone appropriate.
As you'll see, it's a Lecturer SOE position, to begin next academic
year. And feel free to contact me about it, too, if you like.
Thank you,
Ellen
--
Ellen Strenski
Composition Director, English Department, UC Irvine

Here's the ad:

Director, Composition Program

Lecturer with Security of Employment

The English Department in the University of California, Irvine invites
applicants to lead a team of scholars and teachers responsible for
first-year writing instruction (http://e3.uci.edu/programs/comp). Duties
include overseeing the supervision of first-year writing instruction,
contributing to program design and development, and teaching the
graduate
pedagogy seminar. The ideal candidate will have a record of professional
accomplishments in Composition and experience in the administration of a
writing program.

Please send applications to Jerome Christensen, Chair, Department of
English, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697-2650. Our
deadline for receipt of applications is November 15, 2005. We will be
interviewing candidates at the MLA Convention.

Jerome Christensen,
Chair, Department of English
(949) 824-6712