[Englecturers] Planning Session for Medieval Mellon Group

John Ganim john.ganim at ucr.edu
Thu Oct 13 16:29:44 PDT 2005

I SENT THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE AND ATTACHMENT TO GRADS IN ENGLISH THAT
I KNOW ARE INTERESTED IN MEDIEVAL STUDIES, BUT THERE MAY BE PEOPLE ON
THIS LIST THAT I MISSED. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND DID NOT RECEIVE A
PREVIOUS COPY OF THIS MESSAGE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

TO:
Medieval Mellon Group Members

FROM:
John  Ganim

As you know, the Mellon Workshop on Medieval Cultures and Postmodern
Legacies has been funded for another year. I am writing to you
because you are either a member of the group or because you attended
events sponsored by the group last year.

We are planning our first meeting which will, in fact be a planning
session. It will be an informal, combination snack and/or dinner
get-together at my home. So, a few questions that you are invited to
answer by return email:

A) Would you be free for a planning session from 5:00-7:00 PM on
Thursday October 20?

B) Is there anyone else that you know about who should be contacted
in regard to our group. (Conrad and Piotr, especially if there are
new students in your department in the field.)

(To give you some sense of what we are thinking about, Piotr has
suggested reviving the monthly "Medieval Workshop" in which we would
present papers, research, dissertation chapters, etc.)

Best,

JMG

John M. Ganim
Professor of English