[Englecturers] FW: Utopias and Dystopias (3/1/06; journal issue)

Steven Axelrod steven.axelrod at ucr.edu
Mon Nov 28 10:17:37 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-cfp at lists.sas.upenn.edu [mailto:owner-cfp at lists.sas.upenn.edu]
On Behalf Of L V Troost
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 11:53 AM
To: cfp at english.upenn.edu
Subject: CFP: Utopias and Dystopias (3/1/06; journal issue)

Topic: The Washington and Jefferson College Review

We invite clearly written, thoughtful, researched essays that examine
aspects and types of utopias and dystopias: historical, literary,
speculative, political, etc. We are interested in everything from
communities like Old Economy, New Harmony, and Old Salem; works by authors
such as Swift, More, Butler, Orwell, Huxley, Atwood, and Le Guin; and films
like Bladerunner and Metropolis.

All submission will be acknowledged and assessed by at least four members of

the issue's board in a blind review. For more information about our journal,

visit www.washjeff.edu/topic.

Send submissions as attachments to topic at washjeff.edu by 1 February 2006.
Length: 4000 to 5000 words, including the notes. Please keep the notes as
spare as possible. Style: Chicago, 15th edition.

                         Full Information at
                     http://cfp.english.upenn.edu
         or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj at english.upenn.edu