[Englecturers] FW: Moving Beyond Gender; Reading Self After Theory (grad & undergrad) (12/17/05; Acacia, 2/17/05-2/18/05)

Steven Axelrod steven.axelrod at ucr.edu
Wed Nov 9 10:52:08 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-cfp at lists.sas.upenn.edu [mailto:owner-cfp at lists.sas.upenn.edu]
On Behalf Of Acacia Group
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 11:04 AM
To: cfp at english.upenn.edu
Subject: CFP: Moving Beyond Gender; Reading Self After Theory (grad &
undergrad) (12/17/05; Acacia, 2/17/05-2/18/05)

Acacia Group's 2006 Conference: Politicizing Texts

The Acacia Group of California State University, Fullerton is seeking papers
for our 2006 conference to be held February 17th and 18th, 2006.  We are
interested papers/presentations for the following suggested panel:

"Moving Beyond Gender"
Judith Butler's Performative Gender appeared over ten years ago.  Many
scholars have debated this theory, but many have accepted gender as a social
construct.  This panel seeks papers that explore what happens after
performative gender.  If gender is performance - what defines an
individual's identity?  What does this say about the core-persona (or lack
of core-persona)?  Are representations of different/new/innovative gender
constructions presented in the arts?
Papers exploring literature, television, film, and popular culture welcome.

We are accepting completed paper submissions only, no abstracts please.
Creative writing/productions/performance contributions are encouraged to
function as commentaries on or expressions of any and all of the topics
listed, or, they may be submitted individually for special panel
consideration.  Submissions that will not be presented in written form
(performances, art, etc.) must include a brief (1-2
page) explanation of the submission's relevance to the topic/theme,
materials used, and concepts explored.  All presentations, whether written,
performed, or shown may not exceed 20 minutes.

Submission Deadline: December 17, 2005
Conference date: February 17-18, 2006
Please note submissions are open to graduate and undergraduate students.
Please note panel title in your subject line and send completed papers of
10-12 pages in Word format to:

acaciaconference at gmail.com

--
Thank you