[Englecturers] frig.

englecturers at lists.ucr.edu englecturers at lists.ucr.edu
Fri May 27 11:39:55 PDT 2005

Somebody -- that I'm sure is not from our department -- is under the
mistaken idea that the food and sodas being placed in the little frig. in
the copier room (across from Teri Carter's office) are free for anyone to take.

When you see food or drink on the counter in the copier room, that's for
anyone; but things in the frig. aren't for the taking.

In the past 2 months, we've had 8 Pepsi, 3 Diet Coke, 3 yogurt, and some
cheeses taken from that frig.  That's ridiculous.

We tried putting a note on the frig., but the person isn't reading it.

So we're asking for your help.

If you see ANYONE besides a staff member or the department chair taking
ANYTHING out of that little frig., would you please let us know?

That little frig. was given to the staff to save time so that we wouldn't
be away from our desks and phones when we dropped off and picked up our
lunches and sodas.
And we've always offered it to the department chair for the same reason:
their office is on the first floor.

There is another small frig. in the lounge on the second floor and another
small frig. in the Writing Resource Center and everybody has a key to both
rooms (easy access) plus many people have their own frig. in their office.

Thanks for your help.