[Englecturers] Dr. Kinney After Dr. Strangelove: Images of Vietnam

englecturers at lists.ucr.edu englecturers at lists.ucr.edu
Tue Mar 22 20:39:55 PST 2005

"Friendly Fire: American Images of the Vietnam War"

         Wednesday, March 23, 2005
             3:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

    Location: Tomas Rivera Library Special Collections, 4th floor
                   Parking Information

Hello Everyone:

Although wildly out of date (Professor Kinney is no longer our graduate
advisor, but now our esteemed department chair), the following information
concerning the talk holds true.  While this lecture (set for tomorrow at
3:15) is to be given during Spring Break when most of us our busy preparing
for the quarter ahead, I can attest to the reasonable chance that you will
get free cookies and a great talk.  If you're lucky, Professor Kinney might
re-enact a spot-on rendition of John Wayne in 'Sands of Iwo Jima' (1949).

Sincerely,

Matthew Snyder

http://library.ucr.edu/?l=news&article=262

Katherine Kinney, Friendly Fire: American Images of the Vietnam War

Posted on 2/16/05

Katherine Kinney

March 23, 2005: Katherine Kinney, Associate Professor and Graduate Advisor
of English, will speak on her award-winning book Friendly Fire: American
Images of the Vietnam War (Oxford University Press, 2000), in which she
examines the crises in America’s self-image during the Vietnam years.
Professor Kinney holds a B.A. from the University of Washington and an M.A.
and Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania. She teaches American and
African American literature and film, and also team-teaches a year-long
sophomore interdisciplinary course on "The 1960’s and the Vietnam Era."

View the Webcast  (Available on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 at 3:15pm)