[Englecturers] President Emory Elliott

englecturers at lists.ucr.edu englecturers at lists.ucr.edu
Fri Mar 4 14:01:08 PST 2005

Hi Everyone,

It is my great pleasure to announce that Emory Elliott has been elected
President of the American Studies Association, a professional organization
of which many of us are active members.  In these often bleak times it is
especially welcome to see Emory gain an official role of national and
indeed international leadership. I know he will bring the same passionate,
engaged, progressive vision to the ASA that has benefited UCR over the last
15 and more years.

Congratulations to Emory and to the membership of the ASA!

Katherine

Katherine Kinney
Interim Chair and
Associate Professor of English