[Englecturers] unemloyment money

englecturers at lists.ucr.edu englecturers at lists.ucr.edu
Mon Jun 27 12:37:11 PDT 2005

Hi Everyone:

I bring good tidings, if anything about unemployment could
bring good tidings.

The Dean's office has not yet sent out contracts for pre-six
year lecturers for the 2005-6 academic year.  This means that
you are officially unemployed and have been since grades were
turned in.  You can, therefore, apply for unemployment for
the month of July.  I suggest you do so immediately.

This does not mean that you won't get your contracts -- it
just means that their incompetence works for us for a
change.  However, when that first pay check arrives in
August, you will have to notify the unemployment office.

Sandy can give you more information.

Stephanie