[Englecturers] Re: George Hillocks Here on Tuesday, July 8, 9:30 am in Watkins 2240

englecturers at lists.ucr.edu englecturers at lists.ucr.edu
Sun Jul 10 15:59:46 PDT 2005

Dear John,

I am dismayed to have missed George.  I was out of the country until last
night, the 9th, and came home to emails and phone calls that made me wish I
could be in more than one place at one time!  I trust George was terrific
for you guys.  I'm in the process of editing an essay that he wrote for
RTE, which we'll run in either the November or February issue -- in which
he discusses the tenacity of instruction in mechanics over more
over-reaching concepts in English and language arts classes, and the
connection between such teaching and the foci of large-scale testing.  A
really nice piece.  Have a great summer and summer writing project.

Best,
Melanie