[Englecturers] Symposium: Stereotyping Native America at the California Museum of Photography

englecturers at lists.ucr.edu englecturers at lists.ucr.edu
Wed Apr 6 09:09:41 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know about a current exhibit of nineteenth-century and
early twentieth-century photographs of Native Americans on display at the
California Museum of Photography until January 2007. There will also be a
related symposium on April 14 (4-7 PM) in which Professors Michelle Raheja
and Cliff Trafzer will speak.

The exhibit and symposium were both designed by English Department graduate
student Christie Firtha. Please do plan to attend both (either will count as
280 credit). Congratulations to Christie on an important job well done.

Yours sincerely,

Steve Axelrod

Steven Gould Axelrod
Professor of English