[Englecturers] FYI: Prose Poetry, Reviews, Interviews, Essays (no deadline noted; journal issue)

englecturers at lists.ucr.edu englecturers at lists.ucr.edu
Mon Apr 4 10:39:35 PDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-cfp at lists.sas.upenn.edu [mailto:owner-cfp at lists.sas.upenn.edu]
On Behalf Of morgan schuldt
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 6:25 AM
To: cfp at english.upenn.edu
Subject: CFP: Prose Poetry, Reviews, Interviews, Essays (no deadline noted;
journal issue)

CUE's second issue is now available, featuring new
work by Rita Dove (Pulitzer Prize winner, and author
of American Smooth), Russell Edson, A. Van Jordan
(author of Rise and the forthcoming M-A-C-N-O-L-I-A),
Sally Keith (author of Dwelling Song, winner of the
University of Georgia's Contemporary Poetry Series for
2003) Mark Yakich (author of Unrelated Individuals
Forming a Group Waiting to Cross, winner of the 2003
National Poetry Series), Robin Behn (author of Horizon
Note, winnter of the 2003 Brittingham Prize in
Poetry), Matthea Harvey (Sad Little Breathing
Machine),  Matthew Thorburn, Justin Jamail, Joel
Bettridge, an interview with Karen Volkman (Crash's
Law, Spar), and much more.

Issue 3 (due out in June, 2005) already includes new
prose work by Ron Silliman (Under Albany, Tjanting),
Mary Ruefle (Tristimania), Tony Tost (author of
Invisible Bride, winner of the Academy of American
Poets Walt Whitman Award), Carolyn Forché (Blue Hour,
The Angel of History, The Country Between Us), Janet
Kaplan (The Glazier's Country, The Groundnote) Mark
Horosky, Donna Stonecipher (The Resevoir, University
of Georgia Press), Karen Brennan (The Real Enough
World), and Deborah Bernhardt.

CUE would also like to take this opportunity to invite submissions of book
reviews, critical pieces, interviews, and translations. CUE welcomes
unsolicited submissions of prose poetry year-round, but we do not accept
e-mail or computer-file submissions. Please mail submissions to:

CUE:  A Journal of Prose Poetry
PO Box 200
2509 North Campbell Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85719

CUE is published independently twice a year
(fall/winter, spring/summer).  Mail four to five prose
poems at a time. A cover letter citing publications
and awards, if any, is helpful, but please keep it
concise. Prose work should be individually typed
single spaced on one side of the page.  Although we
tend to publish less of the absurdist / parable /
fable aesthetic, we will consider anything so long as
the work is compelling. Work considered experimental
is strongly encouraged. Unsolicited book reviews,
translations, and criticism are also considered.
Please do not send us multiple submissions, and do not
send another manuscript until you hear about the
first. No more than a total of two submissions per
year. Additional submissions will be returned unread.
Mail your manuscript in a page-size manila envelope,
your full name and address written on the outside.

All manuscripts and correspondence regarding
submissions should be accompanied by a self-addressed,
stamped envelope (S.A.S.E.) for a response; no replies
will be given by e-mail or postcard. Expect about one
month for a decision. We now receive well over three
hundred unsolicited manuscripts a month, so please be
patient. Do not query us until two months have passed,
and if you do, please email us, being sure to indicate
the postmark date of submission.

Simultaneous submissions are amenable as long as they
are indicated as such and we are notified immediately
upon acceptance elsewhere. We do not reprint
previously published work. Payment is two copies upon publication.

The CUE editors are always looking to review new books
of prose poetry.  If you have a book you would like us
to consider for review, please send it to the above
address.

Please direct email queries to cuejournal at yahoo.com

Morgan Lucas Schuldt, Editor

                         Full Information at