[Em-announcements] Yolanda Cleveland's Departure

Cecily Julien cecilyj at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 14 15:15:00 PDT 2010

Enrollment Management Staff,

It is will true mixed emotion that I share with you the news of Yolanda Cleveland's departure from UC Riverside.  Yolanda has served the UCR campus in a variety of capacities over the past 11 years, most recently as the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions.  Yolanda's dedicated spirit has enhanced the campus and department over the years and her absence will leave a huge whole to fill in the office.  While her departure is a loss for the campus community, I can hardly stay sad for too long, in that the opportunity that Yolanda has been presented with, is a gateway to many new adventures for her.

So what is Yolanda's new adventure you ask?  Yolanda has accepted the position of Director of Outreach and School Relations at Cal Poly Pomona.  In this important campus leadership position she will have oversight of graduate and undergraduate (both freshman and transfer) recruitment, international recruitment and the campus tours operation.  The extensive breadth of knowledge and experience that Yolanda will be bringing with her to this new role, will be sure to serve Cal Poly Pomona well into the future.

As I mentioned at the beginning of my note, the announcement brings feelings of true mixed emotion for me, and I know it does for Yolanda as well.  In speaking with her, I know she is sad to close this chapter of her life, while at the same time excited to experience new and different challenges.  Yolanda's last day in the office will be Thursday, September 23.  Plans of a farewell sendoff for Yolanda will be forthcoming soon.  In the meantime, please feel free to drop by and chain Yolanda to her desk.... although it is probably better just to congratulate her on her new role.

The university undergraduate admissions  community is a fairly small tight knit group of people, so I know for me, this will not be good-bye, but rather, "see you later!".

Emily Engelschall
Deputy Director, Undergraduate Admissions

Emily Engelschall
University of California, Riverside
Deputy Director, Undergraduate Admissions
951.827.3986