[Em-announcements] New TRIO Director

Veronica Ruiz veronica.ruiz at ucr.edu
Tue Jun 10 10:40:08 PDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to announce that Alicia Velazquez was offered and accepted the
position as the new TRIO Director for UC Riverside.

Alicia earned her MA in Public Policy from Cal Poly Pomona. She has over
eight years experience in academic preparation with students coming from
disadvantaged backgrounds.

Currently, Alicia works for the UCR Early Academic Outreach Program as the
Assistant Director, providing college preparation information and services
to several hundred students at schools located in Los Angeles County. She
also has Upward Bound experience having worked with Mt San Antonio
College in Walnut.

Alicia will begin her appointment as the new TRIO Director on June 17, 2008.

Please help me welcome Alicia to her permanent position of Director
of TRIO Programs.

Best Regards,
Frances Calvin