[EHSResearchers] EH&S 12 Months of Research Safety: Mercury Thermometers

Patrick Monnig patrick.monnig at ucr.edu
Wed Jun 21 13:27:18 PDT 2023

Hello UCR researchers,

Hope you all had a successful Spring Quarter, and to everyone graduating congratulations!

The June 2023 12 Months of Research Safety is on Mercury Thermometers.  As I mentioned last month, we have seen an uptick in the number of mercury thermometer breakages on campus, which have significant impacts to you and your lab.  Use the information in the flyer to learn about the dangers of mercury, identify if you have any mercury thermometers in the lab, and request a free replacement from us.  If you have questions or need help determining if your thermometers are filled with mercury, contact us at ehslaboratory at ucr.edu<mailto:ehslaboratory at ucr.edu>.

If you have questions about anything research safety related, please send us a message at ehslaboratory at ucr.edu<mailto:ehslaboratory at ucr.edu>.  All of our previous 12 Months of Research Safety flyers are available on our website at https://ehs.ucr.edu/laboratory/12monthsofresearchsafety.  Subscription to this listserv is based on membership in an active LHAT and is updated on a monthly basis.

Thanks,
Patrick

Patrick Monnig
Chemical Hygiene Officer/Lab Safety Supervisor

UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA RIVERSIDE
Environmental Health & Safety
900 University Avenue | Riverside, CA 92521
(951) 827-4254 | patrick.monnig at ucr.edu<mailto:patrick.monnig at ucr.edu>  |Controlled Substances: ehscs at ucr.edu<mailto:ehscs at ucr.edu>

[cid:image001.png at 01D9A444.16216900]<https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bgbyYMVNTOtXyhD>