[EHSResearchers] EH&S: Lab Safety Awareness Week and 12 Months of Research Safety

Patrick Monnig patrick.monnig at ucr.edu
Wed Feb 15 09:05:35 PST 2023

Hello EH&S Research Community,

CSHEMA (Campus Safety Health and Environmental Management) has recognized February 13th - 17th as Lab Safety Awareness Week.

All week long EH&S will be highlighting ways to support a safe research environment. Follow along on our Instagram page: @ucrehs<https://www.instagram.com/ucrehs/> and online at our Laboratory<https://ehs.ucr.edu/laboratory#lab_safety_awareness_week_february_13th_17th> page for daily tips and reminders! Tag us on Instagram @ucrehs<https://www.instagram.com/ucrehs/> showing us how you keep it safe in the lab!
I have also included our February 2023 12 Months of Research Safety topic - LHAT Acknowledgement.  Lab Hazard Assessment (LHAT) is the tool we use to communicate basic hazards you may encounter in the laboratory, and what PPE should be worn to protect yourself.  Review the attached flyer to learn how to acknowledge your research lab's LHAT.

If you have questions about anything research safety related, please send us a message at ehslaboratory at ucr.edu<mailto:ehslaboratory at ucr.edu>.  All of our previous 12 Months of Research Safety flyers are available on our website at https://ehs.ucr.edu/laboratory/12monthsofresearchsafety.  Subscription to this listserv is based on membership in an active LHAT and is updated on a monthly basis.

Thanks,
Patrick Monnig
Chemical Hygiene Officer/Lab Safety Supervisor

UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA RIVERSIDE
Environmental Health & Safety
900 University Avenue | Riverside, CA 92521
(951) 827-4254 | patrick.monnig at ucr.edu<mailto:patrick.monnig at ucr.edu>  |Controlled Substances: ehscs at ucr.edu<mailto:ehscs at ucr.edu>
[cid:image001.gif at 01D9411B.67093780]<https://ehs.ucr.edu/news/2023/02/13/lab-safety-awareness-week-february-13th-17th>
[cid:image002.png at 01D9411B.67093780]<https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bgbyYMVNTOtXyhD>