[EHSResearchers] October 2021 12 Months of Research Safety - Sharps Safety Guidelines & IBC Transition

Patrick Monnig patrick.monnig at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 26 14:31:09 PDT 2021

Hello UCR Research community,

We hope your fall quarter has been productive, we have been happy to see so many people on campus again.  This month's 12 Months of Research Safety topic is on Sharps Safety Guidelines.  Some of the most common injuries on campus are sharps injuries, so we hope this flyer will help you avoid them.

The end of the flyer also has a preview of an upcoming transition for the campus Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) & Biological Use Authorization (BUA) system that will be happening over the next few months, impacting any lab that uses biological materials.  More information about the transition will be available soon.  If you have questions about the transition, please contact ehsbiosafety at ucr.edu<mailto:ehsbiosafety at ucr.edu>.

If you have questions about anything safety related, please send us a message at ehslaboratory at ucr.edu<mailto:ehslaboratory at ucr.edu>.  All of our previous 12 Months of Research Safety flyers are available on our website at https://ehs.ucr.edu/laboratory/12monthsofresearchsafety.   If you would like to subscribe or unsubscribe from this list, please go to: https://lists.ucr.edu/mailman/listinfo/ehsresearchers.

Thanks,
Patrick Monnig
Chemical Hygiene Officer/Lab Safety Supervisor

UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA RIVERSIDE
Environmental Health & Safety
900 University Avenue | Riverside, CA 92521
(951) 827-4254 | patrick.monnig at ucr.edu<mailto:patrick.monnig at ucr.edu>
[customer service signature image]<https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bgbyYMVNTOtXyhD>