[Edge-all] Fwd: Graduate Climate Conference--Applications Open!

Francesca Hopkins fhopkins at ucr.edu
Wed Apr 24 15:29:05 PDT 2024

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <marygrace.albright at uconn.edu>
Date: Wed, Apr 24, 2024 at 2:43 PM
Subject: Graduate Climate Conference--Applications Open!
To: <francesca.hopkins at ucr.edu>

Hi!

We’re excited to announce that the application for the 2024 Graduate
Climate Conference (GCC) is now open! Applications are due June 14th, 2024.
We would appreciate it if you could forward the following message to
graduate students at your institution:

—

----------

We are pleased to announce that the University of Washington will be
hosting the 18th Annual Graduate Climate Conference (GCC) on November 1-3,
2024, at the Pack Forest Conference Center outside of Seattle, Washington.
Applications <https://graduateclimateconference.github.io/application/> are
open from now until June 14th!

The GCC is an annual interdisciplinary climate conference run by graduate
students, for graduate students featuring panel discussions, presentations,
workshops, social events, and more. GCC highlights climate research from a
variety of disciplines within the physical, natural, and social sciences
and humanities. The organizers of GCC
<https://graduateclimateconference.github.io/about/> strive to feature a
diverse representation of students and research topics to create a broader,
more inclusive community for emerging leaders in climate-related fields. We
encourage students from all backgrounds and stages of their graduate
careers to apply.

The deadline for abstract submission is June 14th. Apply on our website
<https://graduateclimateconference.github.io/application/> today! There is
no fee to register or apply. Acceptances will be emailed in July. Limited
funding to cover any costs incurred by attending the conference will be
awarded on an as-needed basis to as many participants as possible.

For conference updates, please check the GCC website
<https://graduateclimateconference.github.io/> or connect with us via
Twitter <https://twitter.com/gradclimateconf>.

Please contact the Organizing Committee with any additional questions at
gradclimateconference at gmail.com

We hope to see you this fall!

Sincerely,

The GCC 2024 Organizing Committee

*____________________________*
*Mary Grace Albright*
Department of Earth Sciences
University of Connecticut
PhD Student, Paleoclimate Modeling
Website <https://www.marygracealbright.com/> LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/marygracealbright/> Lab Group
<https://climatechangelab.earthsciences.uconn.edu/>

--
Francesca M. Hopkins, Ph.D.Associate Professor of Climate Change and
Sustainability