[Edge-all] ENSC Event - film 'No Place to Grow' and Q&A with the filmmaker Michelle Aguilar 6/10

Theresa Kane theresa.kane at ucr.edu
Wed Jun 9 11:16:22 PDT 2021

Dear All,

Please see the attached flier for the below event hosted by ENSC Mini-GSA...

Thanks to Dr. Marilyn Fogel (CNAS Equity Advisor), we're excited to announce that we have obtained institutional streaming rights to the film "No Place to Grow" (trailer here<http://www.noplacetogrow.com/about-the-film>) and that we will be hosting a question and answer event with the filmmaker Michelle Aguilar<http://www.smallpumpkin.com/about> this Thursday at 11:30am. The film is environmental justice related and is a narrative about gentrification and its impacts on a group of Latinx farmers in Santa Cruz, CA.

Registration link for streaming film (30 min runtime): https://forms.gle/M9jZa1jTqfgLoDn86

Zoom link for Thursday 6/10 11:30am-12:30p Q+A Event: https://ucr.zoom.us/j/94193585779?pwd=UGNZY3Y5bmQzSHIrNkZwQ3FkaWhlZz09