[Edge-all] California Ecology and Conservation Field course: spring application deadline and winter instructor and TA positions

Theresa Kane theresa.kane at ucr.edu
Wed Oct 14 14:12:03 PDT 2020

From: Tim Miller <t1m1ll3r at gmail.com<mailto:t1m1ll3r at gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Hello UC Riverside Community,

The application period for the spring 2021 run of California Ecology and Conservation ends on Tuesday, October 20. You can find applications for this amazing field course, taught entirely at UC Natural Reserves, at our website: https://ucnrs.org/teaching/cec/ .

This course is perfect for students who are considering graduate school or a career in ecology, conservation biology, or related subjects, and are looking for experience in field research. The in-person, hands-on instruction we offer may be especially valuable with other such opportunities limited due to the ongoing pandemic. All UC undergraduates who have a 2.5+ GPA, are in good standing with their home campus, and have successfully completed an introductory biology course are eligible to apply. Please share widely and encourage interested students to apply! If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Additionally, we are looking to fill two instructor positions and two TA positions for the winter run of the course, which runs from January 18-March 6.

For the instructor positions, see the job advertisement here:

https://recruit.ucsc.edu/JPF00946
The deadline for consideration is November 2. The position is for winter only, but there is a large chance we will extend the position to future terms as well. If you have questions about this position, please email Gage Daton at ghdayton at ucsc.edu<mailto:ghdayton at ucsc.edu>

TA positions are ideal for graduate students late in their career who are looking to gain more teaching and mentoring experience pay and hours are as a normal TAship, however you would need to stay with the course for its 50 day duration. To apply, please contact Krikor Andonian at

kandonia at ucsc.edu<mailto:kandonia at ucsc.edu>.

~Tim Miller