[Dtsc-undergrads] [ds-undergrads] [Statsenate] 2024 UCR Highlander Days on Saturdays, April 13 and May 4

joyce.fu at ucr.edu joyce.fu at ucr.edu
Wed Feb 28 10:16:34 PST 2024

Dear STAT and DS students,

I hope your quarter is going well so far!

We are reaching out to seek volunteers for the upcoming *2024 UCR
Highlander Days* on *Saturdays, April 13 and May 4,  9 AM - 3 PM*.

Statistics and Data science will have a booth on Rivera Lawn, showcasing
our statistics and data science major. Based on our previous experience,
our own students' participation in tabling and engaging with attendees will
significantly contribute to increasing student interest and enrollment in
our undergraduate programs in STAT or Data Science. We will have a roulette
wheel with some small prizes at our booth. You can also let us know other
ideas to engage the new students.

If you would like to join the booth for an hour (or more), please let me
know at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your time and support!

Best regards,

Joyce

--

Assistant Professor of Teaching

Undergraduate Academic Advisor for Data Science in CNAS

Department of Statistics

University of California, Riverside

900 University Avenue | 1337 Olmsted Hall | Riverside, CA 92521

Office: 951.827.6002

Email: *yingzhuo.fu*@ucr.edu <lisapal at ucr.edu>