[Dtsc-undergrads] [Statugstudent] Fwd: Quant Methods Information Session

Yehua Li yehuali at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 24 10:53:37 PDT 2023

FYI.

Yehua Li
Professor & Chair of Statistics
University of California at Riverside

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Matthew James Madison <mjmadison at uga.edu>
Date: Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 10:05 AM
Subject: Quant Methods Information Session
To: yehua.li at ucr.edu <yehua.li at ucr.edu>

Hello Dr. Li,

My name is Matthew Madison. I’m a professor of Quantitative Methodology at
the University of Georgia. I emailed because it’s about the time when
students are considering graduate school options, and we want your students
to know about the field of quantitative methods. I emailed you in
particular because graduates in the statistical sciences and related areas
have great skill sets and perspectives to excel in quantitative methods
graduate programs.

With faculty from several graduate programs, we are hosting a virtual
information session on *November 3rd at 3pm ET/12 pm PT*. The session will
introduce students to the field of quantitative methods, followed by
breakout rooms that focus on building successful graduate applications and
preparing for graduate school. Students will have opportunities to learn
about the field, speak directly with faculty and graduate students, and ask
questions. The attached flyer includes details.

Here is a link to register <https://tinyurl.com/QuantInfoSession2023> in
case the attached flyer cannot be forwarded.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from
and meeting your students. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Matthew