[Dtsc-undergrads] [Statugstudent] Fwd: Masters Program in Applied Statistics at CSU Long Beach

Weixin Yao weixin.yao at ucr.edu
Wed May 10 11:39:14 PDT 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Kagba Suaray <Kagba.Suaray at csulb.edu>
Date: Tue, May 9, 2023 at 9:17 AM
Subject: Masters Program in Applied Statistics at CSU Long Beach
To: weixin.yao at ucr.edu <weixin.yao at ucr.edu>

Dear Statistics Advising Team,

My name is Kagba Suaray, and I am the graduate advisor for the CSULB
Applied Statistics Masters program. We’ve had a solid track record of
landing our students in industry and academic positions in data science and
biostatistics. I’m hoping you can share the following blurb broadly- and
also target specific undergraduates with potential for graduate work, but
not necessarily the strongest GPA. We’ve helped many UC graduates
strengthen their background and become PhD eligible upon completion of our
program. Fall 23 application deadline is *June 1*. Let me know if you have
any questions, and thank you for your support! On the flip side, if you
have fliers for your PhD programs, I’d be happy to advertise.

Sincerely,

Kagba N. Suaray, Ph.D
Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics
California State University, Long Beach
Phone: (562)985-4724
Web: https://www.csulb.edu/mathematics-statistics/applied-statistics

_______________________

Dear Students,
  Thinking about graduate school? These days a bachelors degree is
typically not enough to obtain a position doing substantive work with data.
The CSULB Applied Statistics MS program is the perfect bridge to data
analyst and data scientist positions in industry, or to PhD programs in
statistics and adjacent fields. We have one of the largest and most diverse
MS programs in the state, with a wide reaching, close-knit network of
alumni, and student centered faculty. *If you’ve completed **MATH 149A or
STAT 160A**, you are eligible for admission*. Program distinctives include

*-Prerequisite courses offered in summer -2.7 minimum GPA for admission
-GRE not required -Many Teaching and Graduate Assistant opportunities
available -Hands on, project-based curriculum -Yearly job fair just for
students in our program*

Check out our *webpage*
<https://www.csulb.edu/mathematics-statistics/applied-statistics> and te
following linked fliers for more information on *Data Science*
<https://csulb-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/kagba_suaray_csulb_edu/EeyK3y8m1P1AvK2yJPDTMfoBJVUooQqOfcK7u8FLB1bD8Q?e=bHCTGg>
and
*Biostatistics*
<https://csulb-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/kagba_suaray_csulb_edu/EZ_uRypQT2tDu0pBgHRps4cBsfekJiS2i9dPfwxeLjhO9w?e=6xXVoB>