[Dtsc-undergrads] [ds-undergrads] Fwd: request to share information with data science seniors

Jun Li jun.li at ucr.edu
Wed Dec 20 22:48:57 PST 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Maureen Paolini <mpaolini at sdsu.edu>
Date: Wed, Dec 20, 2023 at 5:16 PM
Subject: request to share information with data science seniors
To: <jun.li at ucr.edu>

Dear Dr. Li,

Dr. Jose Castillo, director of SDSU's Computational Science Research
Center, asked me to reach out to you with a request. The San Diego State
University/University of California, Irvine Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Program
in Computational Science is committed to reaching out to all qualified
students and to increasing access for talented but financially challenged
individuals. UCI and SDSU campuses are recognized as Hispanic Serving
Institutions offering a welcoming and supportive environment.  We are
looking for students with strong backgrounds in mathematics, physics,
chemistry, computer science, or engineering.  I have attached a letter from
Dr. Castillo that he would like to share with seniors in these majors.
Would it be possible for you to share this letter or the information in it
with your senior undergraduates?

If any of your students decide to apply to this program, feel free to give
them my contact information if they need any help preparing their
applications.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Maureen Gibbins Paolini

--
Maureen Gibbins Paolini

Pronouns: she/her/hers

mpaolini at sdsu.edu

619-200-4940

Computational Science Research Center

Lecturer, Department of Biology

Director, Graduate Access Program

*San Diego State University **| *casa.sdsu.edu

5500 Campanile Drive | San Diego, CA 92182

Indigenous Residence: Kumeyaay

A Proud Hispanic-Serving Institution

A Proud federally-designated AANAPI

--