[Dtsc-undergrads] Statistical community condemns anti-Asian racism

Xinping Cui xpcui at ucr.edu
Tue Mar 30 20:54:04 PDT 2021

Dear UCR Statistics Community,

I am sure you all are aware of the recent increasing attacks to Asian
Americans and Pacific Islanders, especially to women.  If I feel worried
and scared, I am sure you do too. Everyone has the absolute right to walk
through this land and life without fear. We have the right to pursue life,
liberty, and the happiness no matter what our race, ethnicity, religion,
ability, gender identity, citizenship status.

I would like to share with you all  "A Joint Statement Condemning
Anti-Asian Racism from the COPSS Societies: ASA, ENAR, IMS, SSC and WNAR"
https://imstat.org/2021/03/27/statistical-community-condemns-anti-asian-racism/
I also put this joint statement on our department website
https://statistics.ucr.edu/

I want you to feel supported by us in this department and by our statistics
community at large. Do not hesitate to reach out for support, comfort and
strength.

Xinping Cui
Professor and Chair
Department of Statistics