[ds-undergrads] Computing Research Workshops

Mariam Salloum msall001 at ucr.edu
Thu Apr 4 12:30:28 PDT 2024

Hi Everyone,

There are two interesting workshops held by the Computing
Research Association (CRA) focused on computing research. Signup by using
the provided links if you are interested.

-----

To increase awareness and understanding of what computing research is, our
team is hosting several virtual workshops. Workshops are open to all
undergraduate students irrespective of experience level. We encourage any
student with an interest in computing to consider attending. All workshops
are held on Zoom from 6pm - 7pm ET and registration is required.

   -

   The April 8
   <https://cra-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwufu-gqjMvHdRtNPkeIRO_Vc3y-Qfz0Bj_#/registration>
workshop,
   “How will my research change the world?” will feature current PhD
   students giving flash talks about their research and the impact it has on
   them, the field, and society at large.

   -

   The May 6
   <https://cra-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwscOGqqTgjG9a-kMDAj34erwxLcT4bsP7C>
workshop
   “How do I combine other interests with computing?” will underscore the
   interdisciplinary nature of computing, highlighting how some researchers
   have managed to integrate their interests and passions into their work.

-----
Best,

*Mariam Salloum, Ph.D.*
*Associate Teaching Professor*
*Department of Computer Science & Engineering *
*Bourns College of Engineering | UC Riverside*
*mariam.salloum at ucr.edu <mariam.salloum at ucr.edu> | Bourns A-159B*