[ds-undergrads] a research opportunity on cognitive neuroscience at UCR

Vassilis Tsotras tsotras at cs.ucr.edu
Tue Sep 19 15:47:46 PDT 2023

Dear DS majors,

I received the following research position from Prof. Ballard from the
Dept of Psychology. His lab uses Data Science methods and he is looking
for students.

If you are interested, please fill up the form below.

V. Tsotras

--------------------

Cognitive Neuroscience Research Assistant Position

The Ballard Cognitive and Neural Sciences Lab at UCR is seeking research
assistants interested in computational cognitive neuroscience research.
This current position is for students seeking to volunteer to become
involved in research and is unpaid. The lab studies how learning and
goals interact to support adaptive decision-making. We use computational
models to bridge insights from brain imaging, human behavior, and causal
brain manipulations.Our long-term research goal is todevelop strategies
and treatments for reducing maladaptive decision-making. Applicants can
read more about Professor Ballard’s research here
<https://www.ianballard.com/research>. If interested, please fill out
this Interest Form <https://forms.gle/R9txLH2f9QT48xLcA>.

Thank you,

Ian Ballard