[ds-undergrads] Fwd: Interested in Ace the Data Science Interview talk for ACM UCR

tsotras at cs.ucr.edu tsotras at cs.ucr.edu
Thu Feb 23 19:30:41 PST 2023

Dear DS majors,

following up to the previous email, please find below information (and a
flyer) about this upcoming event (Monday Feb 27th, 5-6pm, WCH 127).

V. Tsotras

ACM and HSS are partnering together to host Nick Singh, author of the
best-selling book Ace the Data Science Interview, and founder of SQL
interview platform DataLemur. Get tips on how to solve SQL, Statistics,
ML,
and Data Case interview questions asked by FAANG + Wall Street! He'll also
share the contrarian job hunting tips that led him to work at Facebook,
Google, and a ML startup.

Event will take place on *Feb. 27th* at *Winston
Chung Hall 127*, from* 5-6PM*.

Ace the Data Science Interview Book:
https://amzn.to/3kF79Fx "

David Ryan

ACM at UC Riverside | Association of Computing Machinery

acm.cs.ucr.edu | @acm_ucr <https://www.instagram.com/acm_ucr/> |
contact.acmucr at gmail.com | Winston Chung Hall Room 127

> correction: the event is organized jointly by ACM and the Highlander
Statistics Society (HSS)
> vt
>> Dear DS majors,
>> the ACM club at UCR organizes a talk about how to prepare yourselves
for
>> Data Science interviews with the big companies and Wall Street (I would
expect this will be useful with any DS interview).
>> It will be on Feb 27th, 5-6PM. More details will come when the room is
finalized.
>> Keep the date and try to attend this very interesting meeting.
>> best,
>> V. Tsotras
UCR
>> From:    "ACM UCR" <contact.acmucr at gmail.com>
>> Date:    Wed, January 25, 2023 10:52 am
>> To:      tsotras at cs.ucr.edu
>>          mariam.salloum at email.ucr.edu
>>          jun.li at ucr.edu
Hi Professor Tsotras, Professor Salloum, and Professor Li
>> I want to introduce you all to Nick Singh , author of the best-selling
book *Ace
>> the Data Science Interview* <https://amzn.to/3kF79Fx>, and founder of SQL
>> interview platform DataLemur <https://datalemur.com/>. On Feb 27th, ACM
and
>> HSS will be hosting a talk with Nick as part of our Data Science
Series,
>> where he will give tips on how to solve SQL, Statistics, ML, and Data Case
>> interview questions asked by FAANG + Wall Street. He'll also share the
contrarian job hunting tips that led him to work at Facebook, Google,
and
>> ML startup.
>> The logistics of the event are that Nick will attend through Zoom, and
that
>> all students will show up in-person, either at WCH 127 or 205/206.
We've