[ds-undergrads] [Fwd: AISC Case Product Competition at UC Davis]

tsotras at cs.ucr.edu tsotras at cs.ucr.edu
Wed Apr 26 16:57:43 PDT 2023

Dear DS majors,
this is an interesting opportunity from UC Davis. If you are interested
there is a webinar this weekend.

best,
V. Tsotras

Subject: AISC Case Product Competition at UC Davis
From:    "AISC Davis" <aiscdavis at humansforai.com>
Date:    Wed, April 26, 2023 1:43 pm
To:      "Undisclosed recipients:" <aiscdavis at humansforai.com>
         alfaro at uci.edu
         bic at ics.uci.edu
         eli at ics.uci.edu
         mjcarey at ics.uci.edu
         dechter at ics.uci.edu
         bdemsky at uci.edu
         jennifer.wongma at uci.edu
         sudderth at uci.edu
         levorato at uci.edu
         emj at uci.edu
         sameer at uci.edu
         smyth at ics.uci.edu
         acm at uci.edu
         aiatuci at gmail.com
         ctc at uci.edu
         hack at uci.edu
         vgdc at uci.edu
         wics at uci.edu
         clupo at calpoly.edu
         pander14 at calpoly.edu
         hhassal at calpoly.edu
         srbeard at calpoly.edu
         bellardo at calpoly.edu
         baburton at calpoly.edu
         rcanaan at calpoly.edu
         clements at calpoly.edu
         bcdasilv at calpoly.edu
         dekhtyar at calpoly.edu
         seinakia at calpoly.edu
         hghariby at calpoly.edu
         mhuangs at calpoly.edu
         ayaank at calpoly.edu
         akeen at calpoly.edu
         foaad at calpoly.edu
         fkurfess at calpoly.edu
         ulindqvi at calpoly.edu
         tmigler at calpoly.edu
         jmukherj at calpoly.edu
         mukhopad at calpoly.edu
         mpanto01 at calpoly.edu
         mrwebang at calpoly.edu
         lstanche at calpoly.edu
         jventu09 at calpoly.edu
         zwood at calpoly.edu
         jworkman at calpoly.edu
         nael.ag at ucr.edu
         amr.ahmed at ucr.edu
         amey.bhangale at ucr.edu
         philip.brisk at ucr.edu
         jiasi.chen at ucr.edu
         zizhong.chen at ucr.edu
         evangelos.christidis at ucr.edu
         marek.chrobak at ucr.edu
         michalis.faloutsos at ucr.edu
         tao.jiang at ucr.edu
         eamonn.keogh at ucr.edu
         allan.knight at ucr.edu
         srikanth.krishnamurthy at ucr.edu
         stefano.lonardi at ucr.edu
         walid.najjar at ucr.edu
         kadangode.ramakrishnan at ucr.edu
         chinya.ravishankar at ucr.edu
         christian.shelton at ucr.edu
         manu.sridharan at ucr.edu
         vassilis.tsotras at ucr.edu
         frank.vahid at ucr.edu
         heng.yin at ucr.edu
         qian.zhang at ucr.edu
         zhijia.zhao at ucr.edu
         lucinda at caltech.edu
         arangelf at caltech.edu
         rsb at caltech.edu
         louise at cms.caltech.edu
         dbohler at caltech.edu
         cortega at caltech.edu
         matilde at caltech.edu
         aracelys at caltech.edu
         gweise at caltech.edu
         robertac at caltech.edu
         jbrink at caltech.edu
         mvanier at cms.caltech.edu
         kostia at caltech.edu

Good afternoon,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Elijah Yeboah, and I am
reaching out on behalf of the Artificial Intelligence Student Collective
(AISC) at UC Davis. We are one of the first branches of a national network
of undergraduate student organizations dedicated to providing accessible AI
literacy through pre-professional programs and events. As part of our
mission to bridge the technological equity gap, we are excited to invite
you to share with your students and organizations the AISC Case Product
Competition on May 13th, 2023, from 1pm to 7:30pm. Students will be able to
compete in a shark-tank style pitch competition in front of a panel of
executive judges. For those who truly cannot attend in person, we’ll be
sending out a google form on our LinkedIn and social media platforms by the
end of this week to allow for virtual competition entries!

This competition is open to all undergraduate students, regardless of major
or prior experience with AI. Participants are allowed to register with
anywhere between 1-7 members per group. A week prior to the competition, we
will release a prompt with two different aspects: a technical side that
involves programming solutions, and a pitch-oriented side that focuses on
unique solutions and effective presentation. On the day of the competition,
we will have speakers from top companies such as Google and others who work
with AI and ML, serving as mentors for the groups. Not only will students
learn valuable skills such as problem-solving, pitch development, and
effective teamwork, but they will also have the opportunity to network with
professionals in the industry, ready to connect with students like them.
There will be prizes for teams that place, and teams that participate will
be able to leverage this experience professionally. Lastly, food will be
provided. Attached to this email will be the qr code linked to the sign-up
sheet along with other resources.

If you or your students have any questions or need more information, we
will be holding a webinar this Sunday, April 30th, at 2:30pm (link provided
below). In the upcoming weeks we’ll be sending updates regarding the
competition, including the zoom link for those who choose to participate
online. We would greatly appreciate your help in spreading the word about
this exciting opportunity to your students and organizations. Please feel
free to forward this email and the attachments to anyone who may be
interested in participating. For more information, please email us at
aiscdavis at humansforai.com.

Thank you for your time and support, and we hope to see your students and
organizations at the competition!

Registration Link: Case Product Competition Registration
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfiFPeyRsrGkNSJ0vyFPbvSgZDmQslt0oTXkokUeXXK_fplLw/viewform?usp=sf_link>

Webinar Link: AISC Case Competition
<https://us05web.zoom.us/j/87125172147?pwd=ZFYzNnBCemJaZmxFajJpUE1LdC9Ldz09>

Best regards,