[ds-undergrads] more info --- RSVP to Data Science welcome event on April 8th

tsotras at cs.ucr.edu tsotras at cs.ucr.edu
Mon Apr 4 13:09:08 PDT 2022

Dear Data Science majors,

some clarifications as we get ready for our DS welcome event this Friday:

- the event is open to ALL Data Science Majors independently of year
(i.e., freshmen, sophomore, transfer, change-of-major, ALL ARE WELCOME and
should attend). Because of the pandemic we did not have a chance to
meet/welcome you in person these last 2 years so this is a great
opportunity for you to chat with program faculty and meet other students
in the major!

- we have asked the industry panel to: (i) focus on what companies are
interested in when they hire DS people and, (ii) discuss possible
internship opportunities. Come to meet representatives from eight
companies, including two of the biggest employers in the Inland Empire
(ESRI and NAVSEA/Corona).

- we will have representatives from different student organizations that
relate to Data Science within UCR.

- finally, we see you as partners in our efforts to continuously improve
the program and we greatly value your opinion. Below is a form you can use
for feedback (you can complete it now or during the event):
https://bit.ly/UCR-DS-Feedback

***Please**** RSVP asap so we can arrange for the
pizza/cookies/drinks/coffee:
https://bitly.com/DS-Welcome-Event

Looking forward to meeting you all this Friday!

Vassilis, Jun, Joyce and Mariam

> Hi Data Science students,
> This is a reminder to RSVP to the Data Science welcome event on Friday
April 8th from 4-7pm in WCH 205/206 (see attached flyer).
> *Agenda*
> Welcome from Deans and program leadership
> Faculty Introductions
> Data Science Industry panel *(includes ESRI, NAVSEA, Pinterest, Meta,
Salesforce, TransUnion, Amazon, and VMware). *