[ds-undergrads] DS emailing list, end of the quarter and International Women's Day!!!

Vassilis Tsotras tsotras at cs.ucr.edu
Mon Mar 8 20:01:21 PST 2021

Dear DS majors,

hope you are all doing well!
We will be using this email list for future postings of material
interesting to the major. For example, below you can find an
announcement about a virtual hackathon (TuffyHacks) from CSU Fullerton
that you may be interested.

As the Winter quarter nears its completion, we want to wish everyone
best of luck with their upcoming projects and exams! It has been a
difficult time for everyone, but we are hopeful that things will get
better soon!

Today March 8, is also a very special day, the *International Women's
Day*!!! We celebrate all our fellow women data scientists and honor
their achievements!

We all look forward to meeting you soon in person as the vaccinations
proceed and the university will open again. Please feel free to reach
out to anyone of us if you have any questions/concerns.

Best,

Joyce (Fu), Mariam (Salloum), Yehua (Li) and Vassilis (Tsotras)