[UCR-DS] Digital Scholarship Digest 🍂
krystal.boehlert at ucr.edu
Mon Sep 28 13:11:59 PDT 2020
Hello, and welcome to the UCR Digital Scholarship mailing list! You are receiving this message because you registered for or participated in a UCR Library digital scholarship meetup or workshop this summer. Beginning this fall, we will use this mailing list for communication about upcoming digital scholarship workshops, events, and resources of potential interest to our growing DS community.
To post to this list, send your message to: digital-scholarship at lists.ucr.edu<mailto:digital-scholarship at lists.ucr.edu>. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change your options visit https://lists.ucr.edu/mailman/listinfo/digital-scholarship. Please feel free to invite your colleagues or students to join the list!
Fall Quarter Meetups
Beginning in October, our Digital Scholarship Meetups will shift to a biweekly schedule on Fridays at 12pm PST. Like the summer series, you only need to register once to receive the Zoom link and password we will use for all fall quarter meetups. Register here for a DS Meetup<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/digital-scholarship-meetups-tickets-118973447785>! All are welcome to join us to learn about digital tools, share your ongoing projects, and connect with folks who share your interests in digital scholarship topics.
* October 9: Digital Storytelling
* October 23: Digital Literacy & Pedagogy
* November 6: Project Management
* November 20: Digital Mapping
* December 4: Collaboration & Social Media
You may also be interested in the new Creat’R Lab Maker Meetups<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/creatr-lab-maker-meetups-tickets-120052043895>, held on alternating Fridays from the DS Meetups this fall. Topics in the Maker Meetups series will include digital art, prototyping, and DIY/creative making. Geospatial/GIS Meetups<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geospatialgis-meetups-tickets-122118623089> will be held monthly this fall as well.
Upcoming UCR Events
Check out the UCR Library Eventbrite page<https://www.eventbrite.com/o/uc-riverside-library-7346569507> for fall quarter library workshops and events. Upcoming digital scholarship-related workshops include:
* October 16: Stop Motion & Special Effects Using Blender<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/stop-motion-and-special-effects-using-blender-tickets-121644490947>
* October 27: Using the Open Science Framework (OSF) for Reproducible Research<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/using-the-open-science-framework-osf-for-reproducible-research-tickets-121653150849>
* October 29: Introduction to QGIS<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/introduction-to-qgis-tickets-121654547025>
We also have workshops on Text Mining & Analysis<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/introduction-to-text-mining-and-analysis-tickets-121661872937> and Advanced Zotero<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/advanced-zotero-citation-management-tickets-121659221005> planned for later in the quarter, based on requests and feedback from you all!
Events & Opportunities Elsewhere
* October 8-9: African Digital Storytelling Symposium<https://africandh.ku.edu/digital-storytelling-symposium-2020> (University of Kansas)
* October 15: Spectrums of DH Lecture<https://www.facebook.com/McGillDigiHum/photos/a.105347414511697/174537804259324/> - Quinn Dombrowski (McGill University)
* October 19 [deadline]: Cal Humanities Quick Grants<https://calhum.org/humanities-for-all/>
* October 28-31: “Collaborations” Digital Humanities Conference<http://dhconference.sites.olt.ubc.ca/registration/> (University of British Columbia)
We hope to see you at one of our upcoming events, and hope you are all doing well as the new academic year begins.
Digital Initiatives Specialist
Digital Scholarship Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 133
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Phone 951.827.3237 | krystal.boehlert at ucr.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 10259 bytes
More information about the digital-scholarship