[UCR_DataScience] Workshop on the Impacts of Social Media on the Health of Individuals, Communities and Society

tsotras at cs.ucr.edu tsotras at cs.ucr.edu
Thu Jul 14 21:25:05 PDT 2022

Dear colleagues,

it has become apparent from recent Data Science seminars that there is a
lot of interest among UCR colleagues in researching various aspects of
social media data and its effects. A group of us met recently and we felt
that it will be useful to organize a workshop. The focus will be on
analyzing the content and quality of online information (whether it comes
from websites and online forums or social media like Twitter, Facebook
etc.) and examining its effect on the health of individuals, communities
and society in general.

The aim is to bring together colleagues that work on related areas and
examine possible research and grant proposal collaborations.

It will be a one day workshop (9am-4pm) held on:
Friday, August 26th 2022 (in WCH205/206)

If you are interested in attending or giving a short 15min talk about your
own research, please complete the form at:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScOFDywZgvKe4ljcwAGUT0WmuWT7O4L3CV-66blfhryVLDI7w/viewform

Your responses will help us better organize the sessions. We envision
starting with short talks that will help us learn what people are working
on, followed by small group discussions on possible collaborations.
Graduate students can also present posters. Lunch will be provided.

Please mark the date; more details will follow.

Sincerely,
Vassilis Tsotras
for the Data Science Center