[CW-Grad] Fwd: Some exciting news on the Prop 30 project

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Sat Oct 20 10:34:40 PDT 2012

OK, you grads... want in on this?

From: Sturogus <sturogus at aol.com>
Date: October 20, 2012 10:27:34 AM PDT
To: <rootpark at ucr.edu>, <robin.russin at ucr.edu>, <cbevered at aol.com>, <eric.barr at ucr.edu>, <rickerby.hinds at ucr.edu>, <erith.jaffe-berg at ucr.edu>, <haibo.yu at ucr.edu>, <carmen.gomez at ucr.edu>, <bryan.bradford at ucr.edu>, <reasey.heang at ucr.edu>
Subject: Some exciting news on the Prop 30 porject

All,

After my email calling our students out last weekend, I got about eight more kids to step up and now have 12-15 who say they're making videos for this that will be posted by next Friday.
    An MCS student who I've had in two previous classes, Alex Gardels, volunteered to help me do something once we're done with collecting the films so he and I will be building a You Tube page next week with some kind of "UCR SHOUTS OUT ABOUT PROP 30" name attached to it.
     As luck would have it, Alex's Dad works with Jerry Brown so yesterday, Alex got to film Jerry at the Burbank airport for two minutes talking about why Prop 30 is vital to the UC system.  Out of that, the Governor hooked Alex up with his press secretary who said that he will look at our You Tube page and if the content is appropriate, he will link it to Jerry's Twitter feed which has one million followers.
     I'm working with Kathy DeAtley and Bettye Miller to make sure this project gets all the publicity we can generate so if you want to take one more run at your students to let them know what's happening with this, that would be great.  The few scripts I've already seen are very clever and inventive and the fact that Alex's film will actually have Jerry Brown in it is amazing.
     The wave is starting...let's keep it going!

Onward,
Stu