[CW-Grad] FW: MIEL: call for manuscripts

Bryan G Bradford bryan.bradford at ucr.edu
Wed May 30 14:08:28 PDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: MIEL BOOKS [mailto:miel.books at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 2:08 PM
Subject: MIEL: call for manuscripts

Hello,

Would you be willing to forward the below call for manuscripts (June 2012)?

With thanks and best wishes,

Carol Rowntree Jones (PR for MIEL)

--

MIEL
difficult, interesting, intelligent, deeply felt:

http://www.miel-books.com
facebook.com/MIELbooks
twitter: @MIELbooks

MIEL, a micropress dedicated to publishing and promoting experimental and thought-provoking work, will hold an open reading period in June 2012. We are looking for poetry chapbooks, artists' monographs, and full-length collections of poetry, essays and hybrid prose. There is no reading fee.

About the work we're looking for: We want your long poems, your fragments, your most bare articulations and your exorbitant ones. We want a bright pink language, a gold language, a deep blue language and a stark one. We believe in difficulty as a way of creating sense. We want boundary-crossing, discipline-mixing, expectation-confounding work. More here: http://miel.ohbara.com/wordpress/work-we-want

We are especially interested in work by women.

Go to our Submissions page
(http://miel.ohbara.com/wordpress/submissions/) to find out how to submit. We read only in June.