[CW-Grad] FW: Accepting Submissions!

Bryan G Bradford bryan.bradford at ucr.edu
Fri May 4 07:39:27 PDT 2012

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: Accepting Submissions!

From: Whitepoint Press <whitepointpress at gmail.com<mailto:whitepointpress at gmail.com>>

To: Andrew Winer <andrew.winer at ucr.edu<mailto:andrew.winer at ucr.edu>>

CC:

Dear Professor Winer,

Hello!  My name is Lisa De Niscia, and I've started a publishing company called Whitepoint Press<http://www.whitepointpress.com/>.  I'm excited about discovering new writers who want an alternative to the New York publishing world. In other words, I'm very open to writing (fiction, poetry, and non-fiction) that takes risks. Please let your students and former students know that Whitepoint Press is now accepting submissions for consideration of publication.  Guidelines can be found here:  http://whitepointpress.com/submissions/.

By the way, I can relate to MFA students because I was one. I received my degree from Notre Dame<http://english.nd.edu/creative-writing/publications/alumni-bookshelf/lisa-de-niscia/>, and I was published by a small, independent publisher.  Unfortunately, my publisher (now former publisher) ran into financial difficulties (not a surprise), and so I decided to start my own publishing venture using my own books as guinea pigs.  And I'm starting out very small-- accepting only several manuscripts for this first year of business and offering a royalty contract.  I'm looking forward to finding manuscripts that thrill me, and I'm looking forward to working with writers to produce the best books possible. I'll finish by saying that Whitepoint Press isn't afraid of work that is political, controversial, experimental, irreverent, satirical, or simply smart.

Thank you for your time, and please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Best,

Lisa De Niscia
Founder
www.whitepointpress.com<http://www.whitepointpress.com/>