[CW-Grad] Fugue's 11th Annual Poetry and Prose Contest!

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Tue Mar 20 22:23:29 PDT 2012

FYI
Dear Director,

Could you please pass along to your students this information regarding Fugue's 11th annual writing contest?  Information follows.

Sincerely,

Warren Bromley-Vogel
Editor-in-Chief
Fugue

Here's a link to our site!: http://www.uiweb.uidaho.edu/fugue/contest.html

Fugue is proud to announce its 11th annual writing contest. This year we will be accepting submissions of poetry and prose (fiction and nonfiction). Submissions will be accepted January 1, 2012 through May 1, 2012. To submit your work, send an email with the subject line “11th annual contest submission” to fugue-poetry at uidaho.edu , fugue-fiction at uidaho.edu , or fugue-nonfiction at uidaho.edu. Include your submission (3-5 poems (ten page max) or 1 essay/story (8,000-word max)) in the body of the email AND as an attachment (.docx or .doc only, please) along with a SHORT bio, and include your contest fee confirmation number (or include that number in a separate email).

Please note that the contest entry fee is $15, which covers the cost of reading ONE submission. Contestants are welcome to submit more than once, but each submission must be accompanied by a payment of the entry fee.

To submit your payment for the contest, follow the links at the top of our page: navigate to “Subscribe” and follow the link “For a subscription click here,” then finally click the link to the Fugue contest fee.

Judges:

Pam Houston (prose)
Rodney Jones (poetry)

The Prize:

First place winners receive $1,000, publication and a year's subscription. Runners-up will be considered for publication and will receive a year's subscription.

Robin Russin

Associate Professor and Director
MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto