[CW-Grad] Hot off the Press: CRATE, Vol. 8!

Rachelle Cruz rachelle.a.cruz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 16:18:21 PDT 2012

*Hot off the Press: CRATE, Vol. 8!*

[image: Photo: it's pretty much summer, time to plan your CRATE escape with
vol. 8! where will you read your crate?? also, please buy our magazine
online: http://crate.ucr.edu/buy-crate/]

We're proud to announce the release of *CRATE, Vol.
8*<http://crate.ucr.edu/buy-crate/>,
the graduate literary magazine based at the University of California,
Riverside. We've always been a fan of writing that is fresh, genuine and
unafraid, which we believe to have collected in our latest volume. Because
we're located in Riverside, California, our magazine has always felt a
certain kinship with pieces that pertain to California, and desert living,
but in this volume, we're honored to showcase work from a variety of
writers and locales.

*Featured writers include* Kate Gervais, Alyse Knorr, Stephen Massimilla,
Jesse Carty, Shoshauna Shy, Aaron Jacobs, Marc Lombardo, Brandi Spaethe,
Christopher Citro, Y. Madrone, Noel Sloboda, Dan Lau, Danny Olveras, Andre
Yang, Ben Lopez, Cynthia Guardado, J. Stephen Rhodes, David Groulx, Trina
Gaynon, Bethany Carlson, Robert Murdock, Keith Dunlap, Mark Jackley, Laura
Stott, Jens Birk, Kevin McCoy, Nicole Wilson, Mark Mazzoli, Sharon
Alexander, Rachel Marsom-Richmond, Laura Merleau, Kristin Abraham, Will
Cordeiro, Greg Emilio, Christopher Mohar, Russell Evatt, Darren Demaree,
and Jenni B. Baker. * Our featured visual artist *is Kenji Liu.

 To purchase CRATE, Vol. 8, please visit: http://crate.ucr.edu/buy-crate/

To purchase older volumes of CRATE, please
visit:http://crate.ucr.edu/buy-back-issues-of-crate/

We hope you'll add CRATE, Vol. 8 to your summer reading list.

Thanks for the support!

 All best,

Rachelle Cruz & Kamala Puligandla

CRATE Co-editors-in-chief